Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Artist, Ander Kase




Ander Kase
Fine Artist

b. Santa Monica, California. This good-natured, native Californian has thought of being nothing other than an artist. As a child, he was encouraged and inspired by both his parents and Godfather, renowned Swedish sculptor, Ölle Adrin. A graduate of the University of California in Los Angeles (UCLA), he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Design an subsequently, earned a second degree of Bachelor of Fine Arts in Illustration from the reputable and prestigious Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California.

Always keeping his hands busy in all aspects of visual and constructive arts, Ander has defined his style and discipline in his paintings. The images are at once magical, tranquil and classic.

Making his home in the California countryside, he is surrounded by a vast array of motifs to paint. These images are a notable addition to the existing collections of vistas and views he has witnessed during his travels. Within his impressionistic landscapes, he strongly asserts the principal philosophy of his works.

Artist’s Statement:

"Throughout time, our environment has been subjected to a myriad of conditions. Humanity has been a major contributor to its transformation. As a consequence, Mother Nature has had to endure the changes bestowed upon her and can only maintain her beauty through preservation. It is my goal to preserve Nature in its most pristine state and to capture the well-defined scenes through my painting."

His current body of works pays homage to his greatest influences; Monet, Pissarro, and Sisley.

Ander currently resides in Northern California with his wife, Anni, an award-winning chef and business partner.

4 Comments:

Blogger . said...

Hello Ander

Since I purchased a Lithograph of your work I have been pondering taking up the brush myself and so here is my webblog.

http://pictureitponderitpaintit.blogspot.com/

Maybe it will inspire some to try out their hidden talents.

Regards
Mark G

6:35 PM  
Blogger Broadway Baby said...

I was recently onboard the Queen Mary 2 and was lucky enough to acquire Nympheas 11. It looks just beautiful .........thank you.

Moira

England

2:36 AM  
Blogger Brenda said...

Ander Kase. You are a master. Your work makes me melt inside. I saw your artwork for the first time on the Sun Princess. Your art adorned the walls. I was breathless. I have always adored Monet, but you are much better in my eyes. I never went to an art auction before, but I did this with the intention of purchasing one of your pieces. Unfortunately, they only sold lithographs, not originals, but I'm more than happy with my Lily Blossoms Lithograph.
My mission is to some day meet you and see your original artwork.
Thank you Ander and God Bless YOU xx

2:30 AM  
Blogger One foot on the ground said...

Ander:

Could you paint me spicy chicken larb, green duck curry and a large Singa lager?

I'll share it with you I promise.

Hope you are well.

JTR

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home