Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Journey



Artist's Palette . . .

At the end of each year, I clean my palette to prepare it for the upcoming New Year. Several years ago, I decided rather than trash the oil paints, I simply transfer the paint from the palette to a clean canvas. Through the year, each time I prepare my palette for a new project or begin a new series, I place the old paint onto the canvas. As the year progresses, and works are completed, the canvas develops a life of its own. By the completion of the year, I have created an abstract painting. It also becomes an archive of the color palette used throughout the year. To date, I have a total of 15 abstract palette paintings.

How many years have I been doing this? You do the math.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yaterbob said...

Love it. erratic (glacial remnants) abstracts. Classic.

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home